Who we are
We are Ibbett Mosely Surveyors LLP, this department specifically being the Auctioneers & Valuation Department. Our website address for this department, known as ‘Ibbett Mosely Auctions’ is: https://ibbettmoselyauctions.co.uk.
Ibbett Mosely Auctions is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection law, the data controller is Ibbett Mosely Surveyors LLP.
What personal data we collect
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We do not use this information to contact you for marketing purposes unless you specifically sign up for our newsletter which is safeguarded by two-step authentication.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and
- Information about your visit.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Embedded content from other websites
Users may find content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
How we use collected information
- To improve our wesbite. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails. If the User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
What rights you have over your data
If you have previously consented to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time and ask to be removed from our mailing list. Please phone, email or write to us to let us know.
You are entitled to see the personal information held about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you wish to do this, please contact us.
If at any time you would like to correct or update the personal information we hold about you, please contact us.
How we protect your data
We treat all personal data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Note that the internet is not a secure medium and we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your personal information provided over the internet. However we have put in place various security measures as set out below:
Our website and associated databases are secured by ‘https’ technology and, in some places, use two-factor authentication in order to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and data stored on our Site.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have. You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Policy last updated 13th June 2018